Commonwealth accredited podiatric surgeon. Foot and ankle surgeon.
Damien Lafferty graduated from Curtin University, Western Australia in 1988 with a Bachelors of Science Degree. He followed this with a Post-graduate Diploma in Advanced Podiatry in 1992 a Masters of Science which was completed in 1997 all from Curtin University. He commenced his surgical training with the Australian College of Podiatric Surgeons (ACPS) and attained his fellowship in 1997.
Damien has over twenty years’ experience, nine of which were in Perth with a further nine years in London, England. He has been in Sydney since 2006. During his time in England, he worked both privately and publicly, consulting at Guys and St Thomas’s Hospital in London and as the podiatrist to the UK Athletics, the English Institute of Sport and the British Olympic team in the London and South East region. Damien Lafferty has since returned to Australia and is available for consultations in Sydney, NSW. All surgery is carried out in accredited hospitals.
You can meet Dr. Damien Lafferty now – click on the image below to view a short introductory video.
In line with his belief that quality continuous education is essential, Damien is involved at Newcastle University Podiatry Department. Lecturing in podiatric surgery, local anaesthesia and clinical supervision of surgical consultations.
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Podiatric surgeons – 1997
- Masters of Science – 1997
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science (Advanced Podiatry) – 1992
- Bachelors of Science (Podiatry) – 1988
Memberships & Affiliations
- Fellow of the Australasian College of Podiatric Surgeons
- Member of the Australian Podiatry Association
- Registered with the Podiatrists Registration Board (NSW Health)
- Director of The Australian Podiatry Association (NSW)
- Senior lecturer at The University Of Newcastle (NSW)
- Past vice president of the Australian Podiatry Association (WA)
- International Affiliate – The American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons